I have been an appalling diary keeper my whole life. Recording the day-to-day minutiae of my life is not for me, which is why I only managed to blog O Week for three days in a row despite vowing to myself I’d do better.
For a wrap up of the rest of the week I’m just going to do a Brain Dump.
Ready? Here we go ……
- I had a lunch date with three other Expat bloggers. Well, I kind of invited myself along but Andrea, Laurel and Tanya didn’t seem to mind and it was lovely to meet other women in the same position as me (although Andrea and Laurel are way ahead of me on this Expat living thing, and Tanya is a week further down the track).
- The school run would take just under 4 hours a day if we were only using public transport. Trains are certainly the cheapest way to get around but when you add walking time from the station to school/apartment it’s not the quickest option.
- The flashing light above the door on a Singapore train means the door is closing. Do not try to get on or one child will end up on the train, the other on the platform and your arm will be stuck in the door. This happened twice before the penny dropped with me. Quick, aren’t I?
- I need to buy a bread maker as Singapore bread has sugar added to it. Blergh.
- Having a back spasm makes everything a gazillion times more difficult.
- Hawker centres and food courts do not provide napkins. I must remember to carry tissues/wet wipes at all times.
- If at all possible stick to the shade.
- We saw Malaysia from Sembawang Park and Miss 4 is keen to swim over.
- Sweating is not embarrassing here, it’s simply a fact of life if you’re outdoors.
- The expat community is very welcoming and helpful.
- Sentosa Island is very short on signposts to direct you to the various attractions.
- Does one tiny country need this many shops?????