I have a day of nothing today, which is the first day since we’ve been here that I’m happy to just lounge about and do nothing. We’ve been moved to a large 3 bedroom apartment and I feel quite at home and happy, although we’re moving to a 2 bedroom again tomorrow. Musical beds!?
So, I have my lappy and I have tuned the radio into 90.5 the Classic Hits station here. It has the most wonderfully bizarre and eclectic mix of music that I am finding quite thrilling. It’s a bit like a lucky dip. You never know what genre or artist is going to pop up next.
Here’s a selection of what my ears have been jiggling to today:
- I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue
- R.O.C.K. In The USA by John Cougar Mellancamp (or whatever his name is this week)
- We’ve Only Just Begun by The Carpenters
- I’ll Tumble For Ya by Culture Club
- I Am Woman by Helen Reddy
- The Way It Is by Bruce Hornsby and the Range
- Together Forever by Rick Astley
- something by Anne Murray (sorry have blocked AM songs from my memory after being tortured by them in childhood)
- We Built This City by Starship
- You’re The one That I Want from Grease
- Off The Wall by Michael Jackson
- Especially For You by Kylie Monogue and Jason Donovan
- I’m On Fire by Bruce Springsteen
We have “classic hits” stations in Australia but they tend to stick to the same genre (rock/pop/love songs) but no way would any station EVER play Anne Murray!
Now, all I need is a dose of Mel and Kim and my day will be complete. We ain’t ever gonna be respectable!