Today marks six calendar months since we left Australia for Singapore.
Six months! Half a year! Time flies.
In the last six months I have:
- been on an incredible learning curve;
- made a home out of a house;
- taken to my bed when I’ve been overwhelmed;
- still not committed my ID card number to memory ;
- adopted the phrases “Can” and “welcome”;
- played mahjong;
- visited Phuket, Langkawi, Hong Kong, Cambodia and Vietnam;
- desperately missed the holiday house;
- found new friends and missed old ones;
- enrolled in my Masters of Education;
- allowed my kids to Trick or Treat;
- never regretted deciding to do this;
- held my daughters while they cried for their old life;
- climbed up and down the 76 stairs in this house countless times;
- asked a million questions about a million things;
- welcomed three lots of house guests;
- eaten awesome food;
- eaten some rather dire food (sugary bread being top of the list);
- still not tried Durian;
- marvelled at many lightning shows;
- started drinking beer;
- got caught in the rain*;
- drank Pina Coladas*;
- become closer to my husband and daughters;
- sweated buckets;
- been thankful for this amazing experience.
*a little Pina Colada song reference. I actually prefer margaritas and mojitos!