This time next week I will be in Straya*, topping up my familiarity tank and eating myself to death. The Very Hungry Caterpillar will have nothing on me!
But the next few days will be taken up with lists. Lists of what to pack, lists of what to eat and drink, lists of what to do, lists of what to buy in order of need (first order of business is a portable wifi thingamebob), a Santa list or two, and a list of things to buy to bring back to Singapore.
The list of what to bring back to Singapore is the longest and just in case I lose it here is the list of things I want to bring back to Singapore:
- ibuprofen for kids and grown-ups;
- period pain medicine;
- French Onion soup mix to make this recipe;
- underwear (it’s been a year since I bought new underwear and, whilst they’re still holding up I am heartily sick of the awful floral knickers I bought last year);
- swimwear and rash shirts;
- summer clothes for all of us;
- head lice treatments (precautionary!);
- intestinal worm medicine;
- cheap greeting cards and wrapping paper (both are ridiculously expensive here).
That’s the list as it stands today but I reserve the right to add to it at any time!
What do you bring from your old home to your new home?
*This is how Australians pronounce Australia. We like to drop our vowels.